Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 13

Day 13: Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.

Hum, there's a lot I want to change, so here's a few things...
  • my exercise habits
  • my eating habits
  • my motivation
  • my discipline
  • my confidence
  • my self-control
  • my jealousy
  • my impatience
  • my lack of contentment
  • my worrying
  • my fears
And the list could go ON and ON. I think everyone always feels like they need to change something. And I am a fan of change. well sometimes....other times not so much. Like friends moving away that I won't get to see every week. not a good change. but hair color change=good :) which I will be doing in a few weeks! gonna be a brownie again! And losing weight change would be fantastic. But some change is VERY hard to do. Changing your whole mentality of how you view something or someone=hard. I'm learning that only God can change you, because I just can't do it on my own. He has to transform our minds and the way they think. And it's not an overnight thing, unfortunately. I wish I could just wake up and be a size 6, not worry about my future, jump to do homework a week before it's due, or be content with everything I have in life and not want more. But it doesn't work that way. Change is hard. The process sucks, but the end result is worth it. So change is good, eventually :) So I'll leave you with this verse I read today in the Message that stuck with me. I don't know if it really has anything to do with change, maybe, but I really liked it :) Enjoy!

Lamentations 3:22-33

22-24God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.

25-27God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out through the hard times.

28-30When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

31-33Why? Because the Master won't ever
walk out and fail to return.
If he works severely, he also works tenderly.
His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.
He takes no pleasure in making life hard,
in throwing roadblocks in the way:

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to make a list on the areas we want to improve about ourselves, and the fact that we can recognize them. The hard part is doing it. UGH. *I am on that boat now. Can't wait to see your new look. p.s. love the layout of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete