Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baking, Goodbyes, and Woes of Womanhood

So yesterday I wrote about those smore's cookies. Yup, made them tonight. I was trying to kind of tweek them a little bit because I didn't want to put a graham cracker under the cookie. So I crunched up some graham cracker and put it in the batter. Oh and was that batter good.
Ah, I just LOVE cookie dough. I could have sat and ate that whole bowl. I did have my fair share of it. I enjoy the cookie dough so much more than the actual cookie. yummm! Ok so I was super excited because the dough was delish and they looked great. But then when I made them they kind of fell apart... :( SO I had to end up using the graham crackers on the bottom and then they turned out MUCH better :)
I am bringing them to class tomorrow and I hope the kids I tutor will like them! It's our last day tomorrow. As much as I hate going to class
and making lesson plans, I am actually going to miss those kids! Especially my 6th grader who
has started opening up to me! He actually talks to me now and laughs! And my precious 1st grader who I adore...don't want him to go either :( This is just the week of goodbyes and I don't like it one bit. My favorite little family, the Graves, are moving to Orlando on Saturday. At least I know that I will see them again and they are only an hour and a half away, but still. Where will Lindy and I watch Bachelor or Grey's Anatomy, who will I beat in Bananagrams, whose kids can I steal to love on and get a kid fix, who will we visit when we're out at Barnies, and who will I find to replace them? No one. Sarah, Kris, Reagan, Tristan, and Camden are truly one of a kind and will be greatly missed here in Gainesville. I'm also hoping that it will only be a year long separation and I will move to Orlando next year :) hehe We'll see what God has in store for me, but I know that God has great plans for the Graves family in Orlando! I love ya'll!! :)
These are the crazy, fun, adorable, silly, lovable Graves Kids I love so much :)
So today is day 12 and my challenge is to write about what wears you out as a woman. Well, humph a lot of things wear me out as a woman! Makeup, hair, clothes, emotions, hormones, weight, and just life haha Honestly it just wears me out to be a woman! I can't pinpoint any certain thing. This week alone I have probably complained about 'womanly' things 20 times or more considering it is that happy time of the month. not. (that explains the need for chocolate chip cookie dough, not that cookie dough needs any explanation) So yes, being a woman is hard and sometimes I wish we all had it as easy as the men do! But most of the time it is great to be a woman! I am a woman, hear me roar! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment