Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fed up

I have been living in a state of feeling fed up and disappointed with myself for the past few weeks. I have everything I need to succeed right in front of me and I'm not using any of it. That's like a teacher giving you an answer to a question on the test and saying no thanks I think the answer is c, not b. Well, you're getting that question wrong! Why do we do this? We know it's right, yet we don't do it.

Paul says it perfectly in Romans 7 "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it." I seem to always choose to do what I don't want to do.

I want to lose weight, but why do I chose to eat the wrong things and not exercise. I know I can do it, because I have done it before. I have lost 30 pounds before and because I am lazy I have gained about 10 pounds back. I know how to lose the weight, I just don't do it. Isn't that just stupid? Yes, it is. I always say, I'm gonna start on Monday. Well Monday rolls around and I start out right, but if I slip up once I throw it all away for the week. I was thinking back to a friends blog I commented on a while ago and I gave him some advice that I really need to follow. I said that if you mess up you can't let that get to you because tomorrow is a new day and you just start fresh. I have not been living that. I have been living for those dreaded Mondays where time and time again I disappoint myself. I am fed up with it. I'm not living for those Mondays anymore. I will change and I will not be a disappointment anymore. I am worth it. I will make a daily habit of getting up and going to the gym. I will choose to eat right and not let my emotions control my eating. I will achieve my goal. And I won't do it through my power, but His. Lord knows I can't do this alone. I know that I can do all things through him who gives me strength. So look out world, here I come! Tomorrow will be a Monday unlike all the rest.


On another note, today is day 8 of the project beauty challenge! :)
Day 8: Have a beauty secret( e.g. hair tip, make up tip)? Share, please!

Oh man, this one is kind of hard, but I thought of a few!

1. Use honey on your face as a mask. It is really sticky and a mess, but it makes your face feel super smooth afterward! I find that it works best to put it on like 5 minutes before you're going to get in the shower and then just wash it off in the shower. It's more messy trying to wash it off in the sink. I end up drenching myself in the process!

2. 2 words: Dr. Scholls! Buy them. Use them. Love them. They make heels so much more bearable. I love the gel ones. You can wear heels for hours and not feel like your feet are on fire!

3. Change shampoo/conditioner every time you buy a new one. Your hair gets used to the same one if you use it over and over. I have about 3 or 4 different kinds that I rotate throughout. Every time I change to another brand I feel like I have different, better hair!

4 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! MONDAY! :) Woohoo!!
    (p.s. if you want to do Latin dance with me and Jennifer, it's a good cardio ab work out and we did a 20 minute butt exercise today------ ugggghhh! I'm STILL feeling the burn. Woooo was it effective!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna, I like your blog - keep with it! I too have been struggling with exercising. I quit the Y because I stopped going 3 months ago. Now my kidney doctor says I should for my kidneys health. So, I too beat myself up when I don't do what I "should", but this time I'm taking baby steps. I'm walking after dinner (just 10min to start) and doing hand weights every other day. It's not slot but it's getting me back into the habit & I don't beat myself up anymore! Give yourself grace & say a prayer & let God help you! Remember you are beautiful in His eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first off: you're beautiful!
    second: you look great!
    and third: this life is too short to get so down on yourself!
    and finally: I def told Sonny that I need to change up shampoos the other day ahahah <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, let me tell you...! lol, I def fall into that same boat..but it's 4 months post writing this; how are things?! I hope well!

    And I am going to do the honey tip now! Have some organic honey from a honey farm so trying!

    ReplyDelete