Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The World is My Oyster..wait is that really a saying?

So friends, I went on a little road trip to Atlanta this weekend with the girls and I had an absolute blast!! Lindy and I went with our friend Caroline who lives in Sandy Springs, which is like 10 minutes from the city. Let me just say I LOVE it there!! All the houses are gorgeous and it's just so homey and southern! Everything in the south is better! :) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to live somewhere like this! Now every time Lindy and I go visit somewhere we say "We're going to move here after college and get a job!" We said the exact same thing this time and it has really got me thinking. Since I am single, I have this opportunity to go where ever I want when I graduate in April! It is super hard for me to think about having to go be on my own. I always dreamed of graduating from college and getting married that same summer and moving into a cute apartment with the hubs and starting my real life. Well, obviously my plans are a little different from Gods. Although you never know what will happen in a year ;)

While in Atlanta, Caroline said that she feels like she is waiting for her life to really start and that for the past four years she has been living in this like waiting land and just waiting for her life to start. I realize I've been living that same way. College is just something I have to do to get a job and what not, but the two things that I have only ever wanted are to be a wife and a mother. So it's hard coming to terms with the fact that I will, in less than a year, be entering "the real world" most likely on my own. I've been waiting for that time to start my real life, but without a husband I feel like I can't start my life. I almost feel incomplete. Well my friends, change is a comin! I am living my life, RIGHT NOW! I am not in limbo land, just waiting for a guy to come sweep me off my feet! I don't need a man to make me feel complete and to make me feel like I can start living my life. I don't need a man to tell me where to move and what to do. I am a strong, independent person and I CAN and WILL be able to make it on my own. As much as it scares the crap out of me, I can do it with God and my friends/family.

So even though I have like a year to figure out where I am going to live next year, I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I keep getting asked the dreaded question "so where are you going to go when you graduate?" and my response "uhhh i don't know, a lot can change in year" See, that's my way of saying "I'm basically only waiting on a guy and hopefully he will get a job and I'll move where he has to go" lol I just want someone to tell me where to go :) lol That would make this a whole lot easier. But no, I get the privilege to do whatever I want! I could move to Atlanta if I wanted, or Nashville (another city I adore) because I don't have anything tying my anywhere! Lindy and I could pick up and move wherever, because Lord knows I wouldn't do it by myself! BUT the only problem is being so far away from my family. I don't want to miss seeing my niece grow up and I want to be there for any more future nieces/nephews. I want to be able to call my mom and go shopping on the weekend or have my family over for Sunday dinners. So, when it comes down to it, I honestly don't think I could move away from FL, unless my whole family wants to move to Nashville or Atlanta ;) But I also don't know if I want to go back to Melbourne right away either. If I were to move back to Melbourne and I was still single my parents would want me to live in their house, which I don't think I could do. It would be very difficult to live on your own for 5 years and then move back in with your parents. There goes my future dating life ;) So basically, who knows where I will be a year from now! I have a little time to figure it out. But I am going to embrace the fact that I don't have to rely on anyone else to make this decision but me! The World is My Oyster!


4 comments:

  1. I vote Nashville :) Seriously. All the cool kids are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman! I know how hard it is to not have a boyfriend when all your friends do and it seems like everyone is moving on without you. But just as you said you are so strong and independent. God knows the desires of your heart. Don't settle for anything less that the ONE that God has for you. It's so easy to fall for someone, make sure its "The One" Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete