Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Fun-day!

Happy Sunday everyone! Church was fantastic today! I have been out of town so much recently this is the first time in about a month I have been to First Assembly on a Sunday morning and it felt great to be back! I LOVE my church family. There isn't a week where I don't feel like Pastor Mike is talking directly to me in his sermons. I am feeling thankful today for a great church where the Lord is definitely moving!

Well today is day 3 of my proverbs 31 challenge! If you've noticed I am not really doing this EVERY day because well I either forget or don't have time, but I will try and keep it up! Today's challenge is to write about someone who truly inspires beauty. It took me a little while to think about this because I thought of a lot of people. But the winner is Ms. Emily Sullivan!

I had a really difficult time picking pictures to display of this girl! We met all the way back in Middle School and have been friends ever since. We had some great times in High School and then we both came to UF where we only got closer. The picture on the far left is from high school and this was our senior year Homecoming game. This is one of my favorite memories of the two of us. We had to make our SGA float for the homecoming parade that afternoon and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life! The picture to the left is from our Junior year of college at the FL/GA game in Jacksonville and the last one below that is from the end of our senior year at a friends birthday party. I just love this girl so much. She's seriously one of the most beautiful people I know inside and out. She has a heart of gold and is the most genuinely caring person I have ever met in my life. She isn't one of those people who says hey how are you doing and doesn't really care about your answer. She just loves people. I have had the great privilege to lead a bible study with Emily for the past two years and this had allowed me to get to know her sweet self even better! I have never heard Emily say a bad word about anyone. She is uplifting and encouraging and seriously I can see Jesus shine through her so brightly. I for the life of me can't figure out why she is still single and some great guy hasn't snatched her up already! I do know that her future husband is going to be one lucky man! I cannot think of a single better person for this blog post today! My life is better because of Emily Sullivan. She inspires me to love God more. She inspires me to work out because she is so disciplined with it. She inspires me to love people. She inspires me to work hard. She inspires me to be kind to everyone I meet. She truly inspires beauty.

I hope that you all have someone like my precious Emily in your life. She is a one of a kind girl! Jesus, thank you for the friendship I have in Emily! I hope everyone has a great Sunday! :) Love you!

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have picked a more perfect person for this post!! What a blessing it is to be friends with Emily!

    ReplyDelete