Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome!!

Hi friends!! So I've decided to start a blog. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time, but something was always holding me back. Maybe fear that no one would read it, or fear or sharing too much about my life with people. But lately I have been reading about getting rid of fear in my life, and so this seemed like a good time to start this! And if no one ever reads this, but that's okay! It is a fun way for me to share what going on in my life. So enjoy :)

So, it took me hours, literally, to come up with a name for this dang thing! I began first by looking for backgrounds, because well that's what you first notice anyways! It had to be super cute and so ME! So of course I found this adorable cupcake template, which is perfect! So then the hard part, my blog name. My first thought was The Sweet Life because of the cupcake theme, but I thought immediately of The Sweet Life of Zach and Cody and didn't want my blog named after a Disney show. (Although we all know I love my Disney) So I ashamedly googled catchy blog titles and it didn't really do much. The Sweet and Saucy Life was a top runner, because well I am a little saucy sometimes, but something didn't quite sound right about that word to describe my life. So I was thinking and thinking and finally I thought of the single life! This one little word has been a key descriptor of my life for the past uhh almost 22 years ;) And it used to be a word I hated. I hated to be reminded that I was still single, and yes I have never had a boyfriend, never had a first kiss, and only in the past few months have I gone on a real date ;) BUT the tables are turning my friends. I am no longer seeing that at a bad word. Yes, I sometimes still feel that pain when some random person like my dental hygienist or the nail tech asks me if there is any special guy in my life and I have to say no, but that's only natural. I am embracing this single life. I am only 21 years old and it is okay that I have never had a boyfriend! I am being careful, picky, and guarding my heart. And I see nothing wrong with that. So next time someone asks me if I have a 'special guy' in my life and they look at me like they are sorry for me I am going to say "yeah, his name is Jesus, and his love is all I need right now. But I'll let you know when God brings me my second love." I am going to enjoy the most of these times because they won't be forever. There is a guy out there for me and one day when I get asked that dreaded question I will proclaim it to the nations, but for now I am going to enjoy my single-hood! So this is to enjoying life! I am going to go out with my friends whenever I want, take random road trips, and enjoy being my own person and being able to do whatever I want. This is the time to try exciting thing, be bold and adventurous. Sure, it would be great to do all this things in the company of a great guy, but for now I will do it with my girlfriends! Ok so, basically only Lindy, since she is one of my few single friends, BUT regardless we're going to have the time of our lives right now. I am going to live this crazy sweet and single life with God, following his plans and will. He says in Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. The Lord has great plans for me (and you :) ) and I just have to learn to trust him completely. I am not going to live in fear, but I am choosing to believe what God tells us through his word is true. He's got my back, he know's what he is doing and I don't. And for the first time in a long time I am completely okay with that. I want what God wants for me.

Well, friends, that was a long story to explain the title of this new blog, but I hope you stick around to hear about my fabulous adventures with my sweet and single life. And like everyone else I will let you know if either of those two things change. If my blog changes to The Sweet and Smitten life that will be a good indicator ;) Love you friends, but most importantly so does Jesus! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great first blog!
    The name is awesome too, but don't go around spreadin those rumors that no boy has ever wanted to date you! :D jus' sayin.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it! Not quiet as much as I love you, but I love it!!!
    Soooooooo happy for you!!!! Embrace singleness girl ....it has it's perks ;) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks laur, love you too ;)

    and drew, so sorry!! haha It is now fixed! better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I'm reallllllyyy late, but I'm loving it :-)

    ReplyDelete