Monday, June 4, 2012

Life is moving toooo fast.

      Has it really been like 5 months since I have written on here? Life is CRAZY town right now! Most anybody who is reading this follows me on twitter or is a friend on Facebook so you know that last month(wow a month alreadyy??) I graduated with my Masters degree from UF. I was SO ready to be done! I cannot wait to get out of Gainesville and finally start my life! Most people are scared to leave college and be on there own, but heccck no! Get me out of here! I have felt for a few years now that college was just this limbo time where I didn't really know what I was doing with myself and now I'm out of college and guess what? Still don't know what I'm doing! Go figure! 

     Getting a degree in education is different than most other degrees because I can't look for a job directly after graduation. I won't be able to start working until August, and even then I have to find a job first! I am hoping to move to the Orlando area, so I have been looking for jobs in orange, lake, and seminole counties. These counties have just started posting their job openings online and I have applied for about 17 jobs so far. And now I'm playing the waiting game. This is the most anxious I have been in my entire life. I am a fairly patient and relaxed person. I don't freak out about a lot of things, but I am beginning to freak out a little. I am constantly quoting Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" as well as reminding myself of my favorite verse in Jeremiah that reassures me God has great plans for my life, plans to prosper me, and to give me a hope and a future. Thank you Jesus for being in control of my life and having great, amazing plans for my life! I know that God is going to take care of me so I don't need to worry, but it just horrible having to wait. And I just said I was patient..oops. lol

    The worst part is that I have to be out of my apartment by July 31st, but there is a very good possibility that I won't have a job by then. If that's the case I have to move everything home to Melbourne and then possibly move it all back to Orlando or wherever I end up. Of those 17 jobs I have applied for, I could not even hear back about any of them. I honestly don't know. The education department is a little, or a lot, silly sometimes and they have to post jobs online even if they already know who they are going to hire. So I could have applied for these jobs when they already have someone for the position. But I'm checking the websites daily and applying to any jobs that come up for K-2. I just have to have faith that I will find a job. I may not find a job until August, or until after school has started, but I know that I will find a job. Obviously I have incredible parents who won't let me be homeless if I don't find a job, but I just want it so badly!

     I have this whole summer off and I would LOVE to be planning for my classroom, but it's hard when I don't know the grade! I need to pick a theme and I want to make stuff on my cricut for my classroom. I am so excited to have my own classroom and it actually be my class, my kids, my rules. Not just me in someone else's room. Eeek! That will be staring my life. Moving to a new city, making new friends, finding a new church, making a difference every day in these kid's lives, falling in love, having babies.....and more babies :) I want it all and I just want it to start now! :) Done with limbo land! There with the patience again! I think I've been patient enough for almost 23 years. lol ;)

      Even though I am worried about all of this job stuff, God is still good all the time and all the time God is good! If I don't find a job, God is good. If I don't marry till I'm 30, God is good. If I can't have kids, God is good. My hope is not in these things and my life does not depend on them. I will never find fulfillment in my job, husband, or kids. I find fulfillment, satisfaction, and joy in Jesus and him alone. I am so thankful I can see this before I begin any of these journeys in life! I know it will be hard, but I will continue to humble myself before the Lord and put him first above all else in life. I am praying for each of you reading this right now, that you too would realize where your hope comes from and place everything in his hands. Let him carry your load, cast your anxieties on him, and find protection and peace in his embrace. Let him love you and enjoy being loved by him. He is the greatest abba father a person could ask for :) He wants a marriage from us, not a 30 minute date with him every Saturday. I am the first one to admit that I have been guilty of this. But it is time to be married to Jesus again. I must want him more than I wanted to graduate, more than I want to find a job, or get married, or have babies. I have said that to myself a thousand times, and you've probably read it on here a few times too ;) But I repeat it because it's so true and I forget it! Everyone needs a little reminding :) So with that being said, I am going to go spend some time with him and I urge you to do the same! Love ya'll!  

1 comment:

  1. I love you and I am proud, to the point of tears, of you! God has great plans for you I would love for Noah to have you as his Kindergaten teacher in the fall, because your amazing! Praying for Gods perfect will for you! <3

    ReplyDelete